For information on how we can help and for appointments
contact Ben McKechnie CFBA MTGoDT
Canine Behaviour Consultant on
Please note our Terms & Conditions.
Our Terms and Conditions.
1. Descriptions shown in brochures, website representation, and advertisements are correct at the time of going to press, errors and omissions excepted. They are liable to alteration at any time without notice.
2. Fees may be altered without notice. Prices will be those ruling at the date of the appointment. Any invoice query should be made in writing within ten days of the date of the invoice. There is no charge for VAT. Quotations and estimates if required remain current for one month from the date generated.
3. All payments should be made on the date of consultation. Any invoice not paid in full by the due date shall attract interest payments. These will accrue from the due date at the rate of 5% per month unless any other arrangement has been made in writing with Ben or Dean. Should there need to be any action required to recover payments due, all expenses incurred will be charged to the client and added to the outstanding balance.
4. Any cancellation for an appointment must be made within 48 hours, if there is a late cancellation then either a full fee or portion fee will be charged.
5. There is no liability for the loss or failure of delivery of any fax, text, answerphone recording or email transmission. CBT Referrals operates within a Green Policy, therefore email is the preferred communication process.
6. Additional equipment, goods or supplements may be recommended as an addition to suggested treatment protocols, these are to be clearly noted on the invoice and subject to additional fees above the consultation charges if supplied by CBT Referrals. The provision for the supply of supplements is such as not to exploit the client for any personal commercial gain.
7. There is no liability for delay in dispatch or delivery of any products or supplements.
8. No liability is accepted for any consequential loss or damage of personal items when lost during a behavioural consultation or rehabilitation training session whatsoever, however, caused.
13. In some circumstances the CBT Referrals may need to cancel an appointment without notice or compensation (sufficient notice will normally be given to avoid disruption). Such circumstances would include the inability to obtain assistance, stooge dogs, equipment and supplies, strikes, lockouts and other forms of industrial action or dispute, fire, flood, drought, weather conditions, war civil disturbance, an act of god or any other cause beyond our control making it impossible for us to fulfil the appointment.
15. Until they are paid for, we reserve the title of any goods supplied.
16. All consultation fees are subject to these terms and conditions. The final cost of consultation may be subject to fluctuation if there is an excessive amount of client time requested or not normally accepted as per guide times given on the consultation page. If any behavioural work is more complex than first diagnosed additional consultations may be required for a full and more detailed assessment treatment plan.
17. There are no promises, guarantees or liabilities accepted for the level of success.
18. There are no liabilities accepted where the client fails to implement the suggested treatment plan or fails to discuss any issues of concern within one week of receiving their behavioural report, reasoning and suggested treatment plan following consultation.
19. The production of a full behavioural report and any additional research may take up to four weeks to be delivered in any format to the client, while every effort is made to ensure a swift delivery before this timescale.
20. Refunds are not available unless due to exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the financial manager.
21. Safety during any consultation or rehabilitation session is the responsibility of both CBT Referrals and the owners, owners must take full responsibility for themselves, their dogs, children, and property.
CBT Referrals treats the privacy of their clients seriously and takes appropriate security measures to safeguard, protect and manage any personal data provided by clients.
Personal Data Statement
Terms and conditions are reviewed from time to time but may not be updated.
Current T & C's were last updated in September 2019.